Times are difficult and the future seems more uncertain every day. All of our hopes and dreams hinge on our ability to keep going. And in this challenging moment, many people are finding their source of income precarious. They need some help right now.
We hear you.
At XcooBee, it is our mission to support you, both as a small business and as an individual. And after we looked at current fundraising platforms and listened to people’s struggles with them, we knew there was a need for something better. Here’s what we discovered:
The Most Popular Options are Not Transparent
The two, well-known personal fundraising applications are Patreon and GoFundme. Although people are quick to join and participate in these platforms, this eye-opening Consumer Affairs article indicates that many are not satisfied with the experience.
The main complaints about these are:
- Delays in or not receiving money raised
- Hidden fees, i.e. charge the entire CC processing fee to the raiser despite the fact that the CC processor gives the platform company a lower rate
- Fraudulent charges, or continuing to be charged after cancellation
- Pressure to make additional donations to make up for offering low transaction fees
- No customer service to address issues
In addition, GoFundMe recently got cited for creating fundraisers without businesses’ permission.
While we understand that platforms need to financially sustain themselves, in people’s time of great need, a company needs to be a guiding hand, not cause stress to both donors and fundraisers.
In addition, at XcooBee, we are always concerned with what data is being collected from users and what happens with that data after they give it. Most big companies are not transparent about this, so we do our part to keep people safe by always creating tools that are.
The Goal of Our Crowdfunding Tool, XcooBee SupportMe:
At XcooBee, our mission calls for more transparency in the fundraising process. We want to both serve you in your time of need AND build a level of trust that is missing with other companies.
To do this, we created a more straightforward platform allowing you to quickly and easily raise money PLUS control every aspect of the process, from communication to how you are paid.
Also, you will ensure donors control what data they give, allowing them to feel safe about doing so.
The XcooBee difference:
- Easily disburse your payments as they come in. We do not hold money to invest it and make more money, therefore you get your money faster.
- Everyone has their own Stripe account. We do not play the processing middleman and charge an invisible spread to you.
- More flexibility to raise online, offline, web, email, or social media. Generate a QR code that can be used anywhere and repurposed without you having to spend money to reprint materials.
- Offer recurring, monthly giving. Set up your campaign so people can give repeatedly, guaranteeing you to have a continuous stream of support.
- Choose what data to collect. Respect your donors’ privacy and only ask for what is needed. They will appreciate that our platform does not keep unnecessary data and does not sell any of it.
We offer two options for fundraisers:
- With a platform fees of a flat 4%, these are only charged after first raised $12. Good for people that do low volume and occasional raising. Please contact us if you are helping fight the current COVID-19 pandemic and we will waive these fees as well.
- Without platform fees: Use our business level subscription. Best for non-profits that generally have ongoing fundraising efforts. We will not charge any platform fees to any raise.
Ready to get started with SupportMe? Click here.
We are Committed to You.
We stand with you during this challenging time. We want to make sure that you have the ability to raise money as quickly and easily as possible.
And we also want to lend a hand. Until May 31st ,2020, we are waving all subscription fees. So set up your fundraiser today. People can’t wait to help!
Looking for some other privacy- conscious tools for your business or group? XcooBee has many uses beyond just fundraising and allows many different types of projects: memberships, events, attendee lists etc. Feel free to check these out as well.
Additional content that may helpful to you: